3-Year Factory Warranty
Toyota warranties each new Toyota vehicle sold by Crown Motors Ltd (CML) and registered in Hong Kong for the first 36 months or 100,000 km (whichever comes first).
2-Year Extended Warranty for Major Components
CML extends the warranty of major components (including Ni-MH Battery of Hybrid Series) from the 37th to the 60th month or 100,000 km (whichever comes first). The warranty covers defective parts, materials and workmanship during the period of the warranty, providing the vehicle has been operated under normal conditions. The extended warranty does not cover those items listed under “What Is Not Covered?” (below).
During the warranty period, the vehicle must be serviced by CML at least every 10,000 km or every 6 months (whichever comes first) in order for the warranty to be valid. Also, accidental damage rectification and repair work must be carried out by CML in order for the warranty to be valid. Should the vehicle have not been serviced periodically by CML, or been maintained by an unauthorised party, this may affect the warranty's validity
Hybrid Vehicle Battery
The assurance period of the main battery of the Toyota hybrid vehicle is 7 years or 100,000km (whichever comes first).
What is Not Covered?*
- The cost of labour, parts and lubricants where routine and general maintenance services are provided.
- The cost of repair or replacement or other necessary adjustments arising out of misuse of, neglect of, or accident to the vehicle.
- Any loss or damage of any kind arising from any stoppage, breakdown or failure of the vehicle, however occasioned, including any consequential loss whatsoever.
- The cost of repair or replacement of parts in the case of a vehicle on which the odometer mileage reading has been altered or where the mileage of the vehicle cannot readily be ascertained.
The Difference between “Warranty” & “Maintenance”
The vehicle warranty is only applicable to the repair or replacement of components, parts, materials and relevant labour cost, that have malfunctioned due to a defect. It excludes the labour cost of routine maintenance, change of lubricants and wear and tear on parts or materials.
Vehicle maintenance is a preventive measure which is similar to regular medical check-ups for people. A vehicle is assembled from hundreds of mechanical parts. No matter how frequently the car is used, it should be maintained regularly in order to keep it in tip-top condition. A standard service check includes the inspection and adjustment of the engine, steering, suspension, brakes, electrical components, chassis and body, a change of engine oil and oil filter, a road test and a detailed inspection report. During the warranty period, the owner is obligated to bring the vehicle to CML for regular servicing and inspection. Should major components or warranty items or parts be confirmed as malfunctioning or damaged, they can be repaired or replaced free of charge.
* Please refer to the Warranty Booklet for the details of warranty coverage and ”What Is Not Covered?”